What personal data does SRT collect?
We collect a variety of data on an institutional and individual level to provide you with services and information. We collect student data through event registration (e.g., university fairs and recruitment tours) and online forms to connect high school students with universities.
The personal information we collect from you is the following:
- personal data including your name, date of birth and gender;
- contact data including your home address, citizenship, email address and phone number;
- profile data including your specific requests, preferences, feedback, survey responses and usernames on social media channels;
- usage data including your IP address, browser and technology, how you use our website, social media and services;
- academic history including your high school, your academic records, your activities and achievements in and outside of school, contact information of people recommending you, etc.;
- marketing data including your preferences in receiving marketing messages and materials from us.
Apart from the abovementioned we collect the following personal data from the students taking part in online events organized by us:
- Account name (login);
- Email address;
- Comments, feedback, questions, contributions during the online event.
Any student participating in an online event organized by SRT is informed and expressly agrees to this personal data being shared with the following recipients:
- The company which organizes the online event in its capacity as Data Controller and/or Data Processor;
- SRT partner universities taking part in the online event/webinar.
How do we collect personal data?
We collect information about you when you:
- request information to be sent to you;
- attend or register for an event, an educational fair or high school visit;
- submit your test scores to us as part of the application process;
- interact with any SRT page or account on a social media platform, or when you use your social media account or credentials to log in to the Website.
Personal data may be provided to SRT by third parties as well (universities, high schools, other educational institutions, etc.). When we obtain personal data from third party sources, we will look to ensure that the third party has lawful authority to provide us with your personal data.
How does SRT use and share your information?
We collect student data through event registration (e.g., university fairs and recruitment tours) and online forms to connect high school students with universities. If you have opted-in to be included in our list, SRT partner universities taking part in the event/webinar you register for will have access to your personal data, and may contact you regarding global study options. These communications may be sent electronically by email.
We may use an event app or share materials to promote networking at our events. If you are registered to attend an event, your name, email and school will be shared with other participants attending the event.
We send regular communications to inform you of services available as part of your membership, and to conduct SRT association business as noted in the membership agreement. You can manage your email preferences to opt in and out of specific communications according to your interests. This option can be found at the end of each communication under Manage your preferences.
SRT will not share your personal data with third parties except:
- as necessary to meet one of its lawful purposes, including but not limited to, its legitimate interest, contract compliance, pursuant to consent provided by the Data Subject, or as required by law;
- as necessary to protect SRT’s interests;
- with other service providers acting on SRT’s behalf who have agreed to protect the confidentiality of the oersonal data.
- The personal data that SRT collects may be shared with: high schools, universities and other educational institutions as necessary to facilitate study abroad; partner institutions, as well as other parties as necessary to organize and administer study abroad programs.
Lawful basis for processing your information
SRT needs your contact details in order provide some of the Services included on or otherwise made available to you through the Website (“Services”) (https://srtfairs.com/services/ ). Where applicable, we indicate whether and why you must provide us with your personal data, as well as the consequences of failing to do so. If you do not provide personal data when requested, you may not be able to benefit from our Services if that information is necessary to provide you with the Services or if we are legally required to collect it.
Receiving and processing your personal data as a prospective student, as listed above, when you participate in school visits, educational fairs in Bulgaria and abroad, is based on your consent – Art. 6 (1) (a) of GDPR, and is exclusively used in the recruitment and application cycle.
We may process your personal data because it is necessary for the performance of a contract with you or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract. In this respect, we use your personal data for the following:
- to interact with you before you are enrolled as a student, as part of the admissions process;
- once you have enrolled, to provide you with the Services;
- to deal with any concerns or feedback you may have;
- for any other purpose for which you provide us with your personal data.
Apart from the abovementioned grounds, most commonly personal data will be processed in the following circumstances:
- we have your specific or, where necessary, explicit consent to do so;
- In order to fulfill SRT’s obligations to you as part of a contract;
- Where it is necessary for SRT’s legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests;
- To protect the vital interests of the data subject or of another person;
- In order to perform a task carried out in the public interest.
- to promote our services;
- to seek advice on our rights and obligations.
We may also process your personal data in relation to compliance with our legal obligations. In this respect, we may use your personal data for the following:
- financial audits;
- compliance with our regulatory and legal obligations;
- compliance with anti-money laundering laws and safeguarding requirements;
- prevention and detection of crime;
- criminal investigations – assist with investigations (including criminal investigations) carried out by the police and other competent authorities.
Retention of your personal data
Retention periods vary depending on the category of data. Our policy is to keep data for as long as necessary to fulfill the originally intended purpose.
We take measures to delete your Personal Data or keep them in a form that does not permit identifying you when these Personal Data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which we process them, unless we are required by law to keep them for a longer period.
Subject to any other notices that we may provide to you, we may retain your personal data for a maximum period of five years after your association with us has come to an end.
To review SRT’s website cookies policy, please check the following https://srtfairs.com…
Cookies we use
|Google Analytics||_utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmz||These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our website, which we use to help improve it. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. Find out more about Google Analytics privacy
You can opt-out from being tracked by Google Analytics by clicking here
|CloudFlare||_cfduid||The __cfduid cookie is used to override any security restrictions based on the IP address the visitor is coming from. For example, if the visitor is in a coffee shop where there are a bunch of infected machines, but the visitor’s machine is known trusted, then the cookie can override the security setting. It does not correspond to any user id in the web application, nor does the cookie store any personally identifiable information.|
|SRT Session||www.srt||This cookie only exists while your browser is open, it will be removed automatically at the end of your session. Without this cookie you cannot start, nor finish the online booking process.|
|Cookie Consent||cc_cookie_accept, cc_cookie_decline||These cookies are used to remember your choice of allowing or disallowing us to place cookies on your device.|
How does SRT store and secure information?
We have implemented technology and policies with the objective of protecting your data from unauthorized access and improper use and will update these measures as new technology becomes available. We restrict access to your personal data to those employees who need to know that information to provide benefits or services to you. In addition, we train our employees about the importance of confidentiality and maintaining the privacy and security of your information. We commit to taking appropriate disciplinary measures to enforce our employees’ privacy responsibilities.
You rights in relation to the personal data we hold
GDPR outlines six rights for individuals in relation to their data. If you would like to exercise one of these rights, the actions you can take are listed below.
We will respond to all requests within 30 days, however it may take longer to fulfill your request. If you are unsatisfied with how we handle your request you can contact your local data authority.
You have rights in respect of the way your personal data shall be managed, including the right to:
- request an access to your personal data we hold;
- rectify or erasure your personal data;
- restrict or object to processing concerning your data;
- request data transfer to other parties;
- withdraw consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before this withdrawal;
- lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority – Commission for Personal Data Protection, address – 2 Prof. Tsvetan Lazarov Blvd., Sofia 1592
You may address your concerns or inquiries to e-mail: email@example.com
Generally we do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use personal data from children under 16 years of age, and no part of the Service is directed to children under the age of 16.
Where it is necessary to collect, maintain, or use personal data from children under 16 years of age, for the legitimate purpose of providing Services to such a person, we do not proceed unless consent is given or authorized by the holder of parental responsibility over the child.
If you learn that your child has provided us with personal data without your consent, then you may alert us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we learn that we have collected any personal pata from children under 16, then we will promptly take steps to delete such information and terminate the child’s account.
International data transfers
Data we collect will (occasionally) be transferred to selected third parties, which may be located outside of the European Union as part of the services offered to you. For example, some educational institutions we work with are located in countries outside of the EU.
In these circumstances, your personal data will only be transferred on one of the following bases:
- where the transfer is subject to one or more of the “appropriate safeguards” for international transfers prescribed by applicable law (e.g. standard data protection clauses adopted by the European Commission);
- a European Commission decision provides that the country or territory to which the transfer is made ensures an adequate level of protection; or
- there exists another situation where the transfer is permitted under applicable law (e.g. where we have your explicit consent).
SRT is an organization that engages in activities worldwide. SRT staff, affiliates or contractors may access, store or process personal data you submit to us in countries that do not afford a level of data protection equivalent to the EU. By submitting personal data to us you irrevocably agree to the export of your data to such countries.
Other important information
When we are onsite for a school visit, we respect and adhere to local school policies including those related to data protection, including the distribution, use and storage of data, the rights of the individual, safeguarding and child protection, as well as statutory governmental policies and practices.
Links to other web sites
DECLARATION OF ACCEPTANCE
I hereby declare:
I am informed and I agree that:
1.1. my personal data might be provided to third parties – online events hosting platforms, administrative institutions and jurisdictional authorities, empowered by low to require and collect such personal information.
1.2. the personal data I provided might be processed and stored by the company for a maximum period of five years after your association with us has come to an end time, unless I send an email to email@example.com and declare my wish all personal data to be deleted from the company data base.
1.3. my personal data will be transferred to other countries – EU and NON EU Members , as long as this concerns the services I requested and the company has the assurance that the transferred data will be handled and administrated in accordance with the General Data Privacy Regulation.
I am informed and I agree that any email correspondence between me and the company related to the requested services is considered information freely accessible by the company and its employees and the company can process, transfer to third parties (suppliers, partners) and store this information for an unlimited period of time.
I am informed by the SRT about my rights:
2.1. I have the right to access to my personal data, processed by the SRT. I need to send a written request to : firstname.lastname@example.org, in order this access to be granted.
2.2. I am entitled to send a request for deleting, correcting and blocking of my personal data, if its processing does not comply with the applicable data protection legislation.
2.3. I have the right to demand that the SRT informs third parties about the deletion, correction and ban of my personal data, that has been disclosed, unless it is impossible for SRT or it requires extraordinary efforts.
2.4. I have the right to be informed, that my personal data is being disclosed to third parties for marketing purposes and I can disagree at any time.
2.5. I have the right to disagree against the processing of my personal data for marketing purposes at any time and absolutely free of charge.
2.6. I have the right to disagree against the processing of my personal data at any time, if I consider our actions non -compliant to the data privacy legislation.
2.7. If there is a security issue, despite our strict internal security measures and procedures, I have the right to be informed within 72 hours.
2.8. If I am an individual at the age of 16 or less, my personal data will be provided only with the acceptance of my parent/legal guardian.
Amended 1 September 2020